Lord of Life Lutheran Preschool is a ministry of Lord of Life Lutheran Church. The church established the preschool in 2001, recognizing the need for excellence in early childhood education. The school is licensed by the state of Tennessee Department of Human Services and is a Three-Star Rated School (out of three stars). We believe that the spiritual development of a young child is essential to the total growth process. We provide a nurturing environment where children develop an awareness of God’s love through example and practice. We believe this Christian environment is essential for children to grow socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually.
Our own experience as parents and teachers, as well as research by child development specialists, confirm that early childhood is a time of tremendous learning. While the majority of early learning experiences take place in the family environment, we believe it is also important to provide opportunities for learning in a group of peers with adults other than parents.
- Children learn best through play--touching, looking, listening, and moving.
- Body awareness and development of motor skills are prerequisites for developing skills in reading and writing in later years.
- Language stimulation lays the foundation for understanding and concept formation.
- Children are naturally curious and should be encouraged to discover themselves and the world of people, places, things, and ideas.
- Children can learn from each other as well as from teachers.
Have any questions? Checkout our FAQ section to get answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Lord of Life Preschool strives to offer an affordable preschool option for parents. Tuition rates apply to regular school day, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Additional before- and after-school care fees are separate from regular tuition costs.
Check out our school calendar to stay up to date on events, activities, and school closings.